In order to add a new SSL certificate to be monitored by StatusCake, just follow these steps:
- Go the the SSL section in the left menu.
- Click the “Add SSL Certificate” option at the upper left side of the page.
- Enter the URL for the certificate you’d like to check, prefixed by https, bear in mind that these checks will not follow redirects, so you should point the test at the certificate directly.
- Select the check rate at which you’d like to monitor the URL, the options are: 1 minute, 5 minutes, 30 minutes, 60 minutes, 24 hours and 7 days.
- Select a Contact group to receive SSL related alerts.
- Configure when the test should alert you to issues, and at which points you’d like to be alerted for certificate expiry, you can choose 3 occasions coming up to expiry on which this will happen.
- Select “Save Settings” to finalise the SSL test, once this is done the test will begin to run.