If you want to change the Password for access to the StatusCake app just follow the steps below:
- First of all, go to the User Details section, and select the Security Tab
- When there you will first be asked to enter your previous password.
- Next, enter your desired new password.
- Finally confirm the new password by typing it once more, then use the “Update Password” button to complete the process.
Some tips for choosing a password:
- A strong password contains more than 8 characters, should include numbers and symbols as well as upper and lower case letters.
- A password should not be shared between multiple individuals.
- The same password should not be used by the same individual across multiple applications.
- For security it’s a good idea to set up a backup method of authentication. At StatusCake we allow you to set up 2FA for this purpose, either through SMS or Google Authenticator.
- A password generator can be useful, you can use a service like Lastpass for this – which would also come with a vault for secure password storage.