What is a Certificate of Residence?

If you are a customer of StatusCake and located outside of the UK you may be asked by your finance team or accountant for us to provide you with what’s known as a Certificate of Residence.

The Certificate of Residence, created by HM Revenue and Customers (HMRC), allows StatusCake to self-certify that as a business it is resident in the UK for tax purposes.

The Certificate of Residence is used to prevent double taxation and allows you as a non-UK StatusCake customer to pay the full value of your invoices and not withhold tax.  If you’re a StatusCake customer based in the United States then you should use a W-8BEN-E. This document can be found here. 

You may find that the format of the Certificate of Residence may vary slightly, but it will confirm for you:

  • the name and address of TrafficCake Limited (trading at StatusCake.com);
  • TrafficCake Limited Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR);
  • confirmation that TrafficCake Limited is resident in the UK for tax purposes; and
  • the name of the country in which the StatusCake customer is based, and with which the UK has the relevant tax treaty.

You can download any Certificate of Residence that is relevant to you from the table below.  If you cannot see a certificate for the country of which you are resident, or for the year needed, then please contact support.


Poland 2019 2020 2021 2022
Portugal 2019 2020 2021 2022
Romania 2019 2020 2021 2022
Turkey 2019 2020 2021 2022

Related Articles