Mattermost is an open source cloud based alternative to services like Slack and Microsoft teams, it’s got some handy features as standard, such as: File Sharing, Webhooks and custom commands, Slash commands, Plug-in frameworks and multi-language support.
You can now configure an integration within StatusCake to ensure that all alerts are sent through to your Mattermost channels, just follow the steps below to get this set up.
- Log in to your Mattermost server with your pre-existing username and password.
- Click the icon at the top left to open the settings menu.
- In that menu select the “Integrations” option.
- In this section you should choose the “Incoming Webhook” button
- On the next page select the blue “Add Incoming Webhook” button.
- Give your webhook a title and optional description, select a channel to which the alerts should be sent.
- Click save to finalize webhook creation.
- Copy the Webhook URL provided on the next page for use within StatusCake.
- Log in to your StatusCake account.
- Go to our Integrations section.
- Under “ADD NEW THIRD PARTY SERVICE” – select the Mattermost option from the list.
- Enter the Webhook URL that you copied earlier, along with the Alias (name of the integration), and optionally a room/channel to attempt to send the alerts to.
- Click the green “ADD NEW 3RD PARTY NOTIFICATION SERVICE” button to save this integration.
Once that’s done you’ll just need to add this new integration to your Contact Groups in order to get the alerts through, if you do have any questions on this process please get in touch with the support team who will be happy to assist!