We now have the ability to integrate with the Discord app, a popular platform for group chat and notification. Classically used for Gaming communities but also with a well sized Business user base. You can read below some simple steps which will guide you through the creation of this integration.
- Create a new Discord channel.
- Open Discord and go to the settings for your channel, select Webhooks.
- In the above interface select a name for your integration, and the channel which it should send alerts to, while you are here you should also grab the “WEBHOOK URL” and copy it to your clipboard.
- Go to the integrations section of the StatusCake app – from there you can add a new Discord integration.
- Paste the webhook URL that you copied earlier into the “Webhook URL” field on the StatusCake end.
- Optionally define the name of the room the messages should be going to.
- Add an Alias (name) for the new integration.
- Click the button to save your settings.
Once that’s done you’ll have a brand new Discord integration ready to go! Just remember to add this to your contact group to get the alerts coming through following creation.