Posted: September 2014
Job Role: Developer
Job Type: Permanent/Contract – Full Time
Location: London / Remote
Purpose of the Role & Responsibilities:
We have a position available immediately for a developer to become the newest member of the small but highly driven StatusCake team.
As a developer you will be responsible, initially, for assisting with technical customer support. This grounding will help you understand how we work as a team, and give you the best possible understanding of our product, code base and customers. The scope of the role will increase once the right candidate has a good knowledge of this.
As well as providing reactive technical support fixing reported bugs, we’re keen for a self-motivated and disciplined individual who has a real enthusiasm and determination for looking at code and wanting to constantly improve it; “good enough” isn’t in our vocabulary.
• PHP & MySQL (No Framework)
• Knowledge of GIT
We’d particularly like to hear from you if you have experience of working with one or more of the following:
• Creative Suite Knowledge
• RESTful Gateways
Being part of a small team we’re looking for someone with the right personality mix, as well as your skills. We’re looking for someone who doesn’t just want a job, but has a passion and enthusiasm for coding.
You’ll be someone who can hit the ground running, are ambitious and driven, and looking to stay with the company so that as your experience and understanding grows, you can enjoy a wider role with more responsibilities. We also love people that question technology and coding – how can that be done differently, better and more efficiently?
Please email us with the following:
• A short bio on who you are, and what you’ve achieved so far.
• Who you’ve worked for / what freelance or hobby projects you’ve worked on?
• Tell us your GitHub or send us a link to one of your projects or your portfolio.
• Tell us what you like about StatusCake, but also what is wrong with it and what would you change?
• Tell us whether you’d like to join us in the office or work remotely.
• What are your salary expectations?
Strictly no agencies.